It’s that time of the year again…“Winter is coming”. Well, that’s not entirely truth, summer break is near the corner and for winter lovers is the perfect opportunity for escaping the suffocating heat and jump on your next snowy vacation. There is something magical about waking up to a white mountain, while wrapped in a cozy blanket and sipping a hot chocolate. Yep, a winter vacation sounds wonderful!
For most people, the worst part about a winter trip is to pack for it. Everything is big, bulky and fluffy! It is a pain for fitting all stuff into your luggage. Let me tell you a secret, it doesn’t have to be like that! The key here is smart packing! Dressing in winter time is all about layering. If you master the art of layers, you got this! Once you understand layering, you’ll figure out that it’s not about bringing many outfits, but bringing only the essentials to combine into great outfits. You need to aim for versatile, rather than fashionable. Fewer pieces, properly layered, can adapt to any weather condition while still looking at your best. Keep in mind that sometimes weather can be unpredictable. It can go from cold (a cardigan its OK) to really freezing (I need the bigger sweater I can find) from one day to the other. You need to pack for both situations. You don’t need two suitcases, to choice your clothes wisely.
Here are our 5 essentials you’ll need when packing for winter:
- Thermal underwear or base layer: to regulate your body temperature, you need a fabric that can keep the heat in while preventing you from overheating. Invest in a high quality fabric like merino wool or hemp.
- Moisturizer: winter can get really dry. If you don’t take care of you skin, you’ll end up with cracked chapped lips and parched skin. Bring moisturizer for your lips, face, body and even your hair!
- A warm coat: this piece of clothing will mostly be on all of your pictures, so its important to choose one that makes you feel comfortable, confident, warm and pretty.
- Weatherproof Boots: contrary to popular belief, you only need one pair of boots for winter. Invest in good quality boots to keep your feet dry and warm.
- A warm hat: this item can add variety and color to your outfits, it is the perfect bonus item and keeps your head and ears nice and warm.